Get Track by Aircraft returns nothing

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #871 by Captain_Harlock
Greetings to all!

I am trying to get the track of a particular aircraft by performing the steps below:

- Get all flights for a specific time interval. In my case, from 1st September 2019 06:00 to 1st September 2019 07:50.

- Select an aircraft from the list. I chose the first one, "3443d5".

- I tried to get track by aircraft, using aicraft's ID (3443d5) and one of its timestamps (FirstSeen or LastSeen).

Nevertheless, it returned nothing.

Generally, I can not retrieve any track, even from live feed (by taking all the currently active state vectors and choosing one of the available icao24 codes, with time set to zero).

Am I doing something wrong?

This is a sample of the links that I use for my GET requests.

"opensky-network.org/api/tracks/all?icao2...27a3&time=1564640556"
"opensky-network.org/api/tracks/all?icao24=a53ee2&time=0"

Thanks a lot for your time guys...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #886 by strohmeier
Sorry for the late reply. The tracks endpoint has been deactivated a while ago, it needs a complete overhaul as it wasn't working as intended. For most research purposes the flights endpoint should do!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captain_Harlock, crtst

4 years 7 months ago #896 by Captain_Harlock
Thank you strohmeier for the reply! Ok it makes sense now.

4 years 7 months ago #908 by Captain_Harlock
Just a small complementary question: so for the moment it is not possible to retrieve the track that an aircraft followed during a given flight (retrieved using the other requests eg GET Flights)? Is there any estimate when this feature will be available again?

4 years 5 months ago #943 by Glaesner
...it would be really nice to have this information in the API documentation (opensky-network.org/apidoc/index.html)

Would have spared me a considerable amount of debugging time ;-)

3 years 4 months ago #1335 by mawg

Sorry for the late reply. The tracks endpoint has been deactivated a while ago

Then why it it sill in the documentation? opensky-network.org/apidoc/rest.html#track-by-aircraft

At the very least, it should be marked as deprecated, but, realistically, it should be removed.

3 years 1 month ago #1426 by movat
Is there a way of retrieving states for one aircraft over a time period - e.g. last 10 minutes, 1 hour etc..? I've been capturing states via polling every 5 minutes for an area, but would prefer to have more granularity in the data. From what I understand, the "flights" endpoint is only calculated daily.