Python API question

3 years 10 months ago #1153 by tonynsx
Python API question was created by tonynsx
Hello,

I just started using the opensky-network Python API. I'm able to get the velocity, lat, long, altitude etc, but is there a way to get the (registration, owner, model)? According to the Python API, I don't see a way to do this, unless I parse the HTML (but that defeats the purpose of using this API)

Thanks,

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #1154 by tonynsx
Replied by tonynsx on topic Python API question
Also, I noticed that opensky-network doesn't cover all the flights (not complaining). I'm just comparing to flightradar24.com, and they have 3x the coverage.

3 years 10 months ago #1155 by strohmeier
Replied by strohmeier on topic Python API question
That data is not available through ADS-B, and hence not in the API. The flights are joined with our opensky-network.org/aircraft-database, which is free to download. There are also much more extensive community tools, such as traffic-viz.github.io/data.html which integrate both.

Re: coverage: Indeed, I think everyone is well aware, after all it's visible on the main explorer site and in detail on opensky-network.org/network/facts
Rule is: If you want coverage in your area, set up a receiver! If you know someone in a place that's not covered yet, have them set up a receiver. It's fun and not expensive.

3 years 5 months ago #1334 by mawg
Replied by mawg on topic Python API question
Before seeing this question, I asked on opendata.stackexchange.com/questions/182...craft-id-information

Is anyone aware of a database, API, or other source of data on icao24?

I want to be able to give an icao24 (from an OpenSky API), and get some information as much information as possible about the associated aircraft.

Let's see if it gets any answers, other than pointing straight back here