Most efficient way to get completed flights for list of planes

2 years 2 months ago #1758 by NR_Oak
I'm trying to get data on completed flights for a list of about 300 planes, and I'm just figuring out how to use the REST API, using it with Python requests.

If I request data using api/states/all, I can include the "icao24" for multiple planes. However, when I use api/flights/aircraft to get data on completed flights, it seems to only work when I use one "icao24" at a time. And when I then iterate through my list of "icao24" making individual requests, there are sporadic delays of several seconds or even longer in the API returning data. I am including my username and password in my requests. 

Grateful for any comments about what I'm doing wrong, or what I might do better.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #1759 by strohmeier
Ultimately, the REST API has its limitations, and, as the name says is mostly for live display. For those academic researchers who need loads of data, we have a database that can easily handle this: opensky-network.org/data/impala

2 years 2 months ago #1761 by NR_Oak
The API is a great resource. I'm having fun exploring it. Tks for the quick reply to my question.