API not working - amateur radio

1 year 7 months ago #2069 by iz3qfg
Hello, i'm an italian amateur radio operator. A lot of hams in Europe use OpenSky API with AirScout software for calculate airplane scatter for expand the possibilities of make links with other hams more far. Expecially this is more frequent during contests (radiosport). Tomorrow (3 september) and sunday there is a king of contests in Europe and more more hams needs to use AirScout software. There is a possibility to pull up API service at least for this weekend? 90% hams are registered user of OpenSky, me too.
Many thanks,

Dario
The following user(s) said Thank You: SM0KAK, tim_stephenson, HA5OO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #2070 by tim_stephenson
Hello, I am an American Computer Science student that is currently creating a personal hobbiest project of a notification service using the OpenSky API. I would also greatly appreciate the service coming online as soon as possible. Additionally, a timeline of how long the current downtime will last, if available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iz3qfg, SM0KAK

1 year 7 months ago #2071 by iu4che
Hi i’m a radioamateur too… please if it’s possible pull up Api service soon … like said Dario during this weekend we join the most important competition of the year.
We use your Api for our transmissions.
Thanks for your aptention.
George

1 year 7 months ago #2072 by IU4FNO
Hallo, I'm also an amateur radio operator.
As previously said by other fellow hams, this weekend one of the biggest contest in the world will be held. During this competition we use software based on OpenSky data to use airplanes as reflector and make contacts with distant stations. Your service is the only one that can feed data to our software. We kindly ask you to let the service run this weekend if it is possible
thanks 
Alessandro

1 year 7 months ago #2074 by Bernardini
Replied by Bernardini on topic API not working - amateur radio
Hello, this weekend we have an amateur radio contest and I, like other radio operators, make use of Api OpenSky .... T
herefore we ask if possible to give us the opportunity to operate in the amateur radio competition, reactivating the Bees. T
hanks for your attention
Alessando Ik4ras

1 year 7 months ago #2075 by SM0KAK
I and many of my Radio Amateur friends participate in competitions, and we use OpenSky data to locate airplanes and use them as reflectors, to make contacts with other radio amateurs.
This is great fun, and we appreciate your excellent service very much!
It would be great if you could restore the service.

Thanks & Best regards

1 year 7 months ago #2076 by strohmeier
We are sorry for any disruptions but we are a non-profit with zero service guarantees (in particular for an entirely free service). So intermittent failures of any length must be expected.

If you have an event, where you want to actively partner with OpenSky, then this could be taken into account. We have no way of knowing and with all the people using it, somebody will complain every time it is down for maintenance. Without maintenance, however, the service won't be available for very long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iu4che, SM0KAK

1 year 7 months ago #2077 by iz3qfg
Many thanks for reply. Now service is up.
As hamradio we can provide to install some receivers for feed your website.