Authentication for WebRequest

1 year 5 months ago #2179 by Sumus
Dear All,

"My OpenSky" shows currently a 100% availability. So according "Limitations for OpenSky users" I should be able to send 2000 requests a day using the REST API. Unfortunately X-Rate-Limit-Remaining shows me a maximum of 100 requests only. Hence I'm obviously doing something wrong with the authentication. In my C# WebRequest I'm using following URL:

https://myusername:mypassword@opensky-network.org/api/states/all?lamin=.....

I get a proper response for that call, but as said only 100 requests maximum.

Could someone please guide my to authorize the requests correctly? This is my first REST project ;-)

Many Thanks in advance

Blue Skies
Ubi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #2180 by Sumus
Replied by Sumus on topic Authentication for WebRequest
Got it, finally I found same issue reported here: opensky-network.org/forum/application-pr...63-response-429#2033

At least I get now 1000 requests, even I contribute with my feeder. Any reason why I don't get the 2000 requests?

1 year 5 months ago #2183 by strohmeier
Maybe some new issue, curious that 3 people are reporting on the beginning of the month. We'll investigate. I know for sure that it has worked before.

1 year 5 months ago #2186 by Sumus
Replied by Sumus on topic Authentication for WebRequest
Currently I get the expected 2000 requests, whereas I did not get  them this morning, got only 1000

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #2324 by PietD
Replied by PietD on topic Authentication for WebRequest
Hello,

normally the counter is reset shortly after noon for me, but today the reset did not happen.
Maybe it has something to do with the start of a new month?

UPDATE : reset happened last night but instead of resetting to 2000 api requests it is now 1000.

1 year 2 months ago #2327 by ttafoni
I'm having the same issue using java. My URL is:

https://<username:password@<queryParams>
note <queryParams> is just a stand-in for my actual string

It fine until it gave me the dreaded 429 error. I have an account and I thought that's I needed.

This happened yesterday just before I left work. I figured in the morning, any limitations would have been reset overnight. Tried this morning and it failed with 429. When I use curl with the URL above, there is no issue. Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks in advance.
Ted

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #2328 by ttafoni
Apologize if this is a duplicate.  I'm having the same issue of accessing open sky for a short time and then I get 429.  I don't even run my java application for more than 2 minutes.  I access the site every 5 seconds.  By my math count, I'm accessing the site 120/5 = 60 hits.  Way, Way below my limit.  I created an account for myself, so I thought would have a higher access count (but not even close to the max limit).  This is the string created by java UriComponentsBuilder when I enter the various parameters:

https://<username:password>@<some other parameters appended>

I'm using Open JDK java, HttpsUriComponents class.  I'm using the same keystore for both keystore and truststore.  I'm not sure if that is OK since there is no indication, , for the 2 parameters are the same.  If that is the issue, please let me know.  If not, then the way Java is passing the credentials are no in the format Open Sky is required, causing Open Sky to assume anonymous user rather than a registered user.

If anyone has encountered this issue and has a fix, I would appreciate a resolution.

Want to add, when using command line, curl, it works well:

curl   -s https://<username:password>@<some other parameters appended>

So what is the difference between calling?  Obviously, there is a difference or I wouldn't be asking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.