Data Search

1 year 1 month ago #2354 by Phillip
Data Search was created by Phillip
Hi,
I'm new to the Open Sky Network.  I'm a commercial pilot for Lufthansa and I'm writing my dissertation in Environmental Physics at the University of Bremen.  I hope maybe someone can point me in the right direction.  The crux of my dissertation is modelling aircraft emissions.  I initially started with Flight Tracker 24, but they pointed me in this direction.  I'm looking for csv files containing transponder data.  Alongside speed (Groundspeed, but IAS and TAS would also be nice), track (or heading), and altitude (AGL, AMSL, or FL), I need to hook the flight profile to an aircraft type and engine type (with info concerning number of engines/aircraft).  My ultimate goal is to calculate the fuel used during each reporting interval for all tracks.  At work, I have access to performance tables for all aircraft and dispatch programs to confirm my calculations.  It looks like much of the information I'm interested in is available in one form or another, but is there an existing database that contains everything?  If so, can I get access?  Thanks in advance for your consideration and I hope to hear from you soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #2355 by strohmeier
Replied by strohmeier on topic Data Search
Hi Philipp,

Sure, this is possible. I'd suggest to read on the background of ADS-B/Mode S data (mode-s.org) and our data interfaces (opensky-network.org/data/impala). You can apply for data access here: opensky-network.org/data/apply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.