Availability Stats: Sensor no -1408234593

4 years 1 month ago #1060 by tgo
Hi,

I feed here (along with 6 other sites) I keep noticing on my receiver stats page that sporadically my Availability has little holes where I'm presumably not sending any data.

Odd thing is, on my other sites various control panels I don't see this being repeated anywhere else, so I'm not dropping off line or anything. Is it a glitch?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 weeks ago #1076 by ybull
Hi, tgo.

I've been feeding here since January. I see the same situation with my "Availability" graph also, nearly every day with at least one red gap (see image). But my Raspberry Pi is running solidly and is hard-wired to Ethernet on a very stable high-speed campus network. Like you, my other fed system (FA) does not show any gaps in the same time periods.

For weeks I've noticed my gaps are usually between 5:00-11:00 UTC time, so my educated guess is a server-side load issue that can't always accept incoming data.

I haven't taken the time to dig into the feed script to see if the reliability of reconnections or timeouts might be something we can improve on our end.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: admiralackbar

3 years 7 months ago #1272 by jjuk
I also see this. I assumed it was because there are no planes in reach of my receiver, so no data is sent ?

3 years 7 months ago #1273 by strohmeier
Indeed, that's when it happens. We may change this at some point to tell this case apart from when the connection/availability itself is the issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jjuk

3 years 7 months ago #1274 by jjuk
I think it would be a very good idea to fix this. I spent quite some time trying to work out why my RX was showing as offline. Thanks for clarifying.