Connection refused

1 year 2 months ago #2319 by StefanThuwis
Hi,
I am a new user of the Impala shell. I managed to connect through my Mac terminal ssh shell and was able to run the example queries without any issues.
To get access to the data in Python, I have been trying to connect to the Impala shell using the traffic library, but I haven't been able to do this. Every time I try this, I get an authentication error. I did follow all instructions to the letter, and the traffic config file does have my username and password, yet somehow I can't seem to make this work.
Now, suddenly my connection gets refused, even on the ssh shell. I suspect I am being locked out due to my unsuccessful attempts to log in through traffic. Does anybody have any experience with this? Will this automatically reset after some time, or do I have to raise this issue to allow me access again?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #2320 by strohmeier
Replied by strohmeier on topic Connection refused
Yes, if you can't connect on the shell it's blocked. With traffic I can't help but I'll see that you're unblocked again.

1 year 2 months ago #2321 by StefanThuwis
Replied by StefanThuwis on topic Connection refused
Thank you very much. I am sorry for the hassle.