What do I need to access data

5 years 3 days ago #755 by WestRowOps
What do I need to access data was created by WestRowOps
Do I have to install Python or Java (and teach myself how to use it) or is there a simpler way as my brain is not as sharp as it once was?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 days ago #756 by strohmeier
To *access* data, you just need a browser, after all you can do that on this website. ;) But the REST API also in principle does that in your browser, see here for examples: opensky-network.org/apidoc/

If you actually want to do something with the data, you will need something that lets you manipulate it, your programming language of choice would certainly be the standard option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WestRowOps

3 years 5 months ago #1332 by mawg
Replied by mawg on topic What do I need to access data
You will probably find Python easier to learn than Java (although I am sure that others might disagree).

I highly recommend this $10, hundred lesson, Python course www.udemy.com/course/100-days-of-code/ and the community edition of the PyCharm IDE www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/ Don't worry, the course will tell you how to download & install everything you need.