Overriding multiple routes in database

3 years 11 months ago #1116 by aircraftenthusiast2000
In the database the callsign UAL331 is showing KSEA KDEN KEWR.
The new routing for UAL331 is now KEWR KIAH.
When i enter the new routing KEWR KIAH it keeps returning the old routing KSEA KDEN KEWR when i submit the changes.
I have had this same problem trying to update other old multiple routes.
Is their a way to update old multiply routes of 3 or more destination?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #1117 by jluebbe
Hi,
there are several validation steps to avoid outliers being inserted. In case of UAL331 it took far too long as KEWR-KIAH is valid from the begin of this month (it was half-automatically inserted yesterday).

In case of UAL2429 I don't see where KEWR-KDEN-KLAS, KEWR-KDEN-KDEN or KLAS-KEWR-KDEN should come from. I compared different data sources showing KEWR-KDEN only. You don't need to enter it 9 times. Try to enter correct routes only.
But feel free to point out if some routes are outdated and cannot be changed. All these automatic procedures are still under development.

Your contributions are most valuable in regions where OpenSky Network does not over the complete path between origin and destination airport.

3 years 11 months ago #1118 by aircraftenthusiast2000
The callsign UAL331 just seen on radar depart KEWR.
Still not able to change from incorrect route KDEN KEWR to correct route KEWR KIAH.

3 years 11 months ago #1119 by jluebbe
I may have found the reason. There was some outdated data in the system which was overriding the correct data.

3 years 11 months ago #1120 by aircraftenthusiast2000
No worries thank you jluebbe,
Any news regarding when routes with callsigns beginning with Zero will be able to be added to database?

3 years 11 months ago #1121 by jluebbe
Now it is allowed to have several zeros after the first 3 letters as long as the total length of the callsign does not exceed 7 characters.

3 years 11 months ago #1122 by aircraftenthusiast2000
Thank you jluebbe for making the necessary adjustments to the system so routes with callsigns starting with zeros can be added to the database.

3 years 11 months ago #1123 by aircraftenthusiast2000
Hi jluebbe,
Just to let you know i have just updated the route for callsign CES587 to ZSPD KJFK from ZSFZ ZSPD KJFK.
Still showing ZSFZ ZSPD KJFK. in database and ZSFZ KJFK on aircraft label.

3 years 11 months ago #1124 by jluebbe
That had a simple reason. Flight routes can be updated by users only if they are missing or containing errors. Errors are counted if the detected aircraft position deviates too much from the great circle path between the airports.
In this case, the correct route was still part of the route in the database and did not catch any errors. Maybe a timeout could be another criterion to allow updates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strohmeier

3 years 11 months ago #1125 by aircraftenthusiast2000
Thank you luebbe for the feedback, i should have wrote ZSFZ ZSPD the aircraft label was showing for the CES587 when it was in New York radar area.
The callsign staring with zero is working as i manage to get the callsign CPA098 VHHH PANC KJFK to register.
Your help is greatly appreciated jluebbe.
aircraftenthusiast2000
The following user(s) said Thank You: strohmeier

3 years 11 months ago #1127 by aircraftenthusiast2000
Hi jluebbe,
I have just submitted an updated route for the FDX5047 to LFPG KEWR.
Its still showing on aircraft label VHHH LFPG and VHHH LFPG KMEM in database.

3 years 11 months ago #1128 by jluebbe
That seems to be an interesting case. But it's not easy to find a solution which is always correct. On some days it operates as VHHH-LFPG-KEWR-KMEM while the VHHH-LFPG leg is sometimes missing.

3 years 11 months ago #1129 by strohmeier
I've seen other Fedex routes along similar lines, indeed hard to impossible covering every case in cargo.

3 years 11 months ago #1130 by jluebbe
Currently, the test procedures only check if the aircraft position fits to the route in the database. I may revise the check algorithm a bit to become more reliable. And maybe introduce some check if all legs of the route have recently been covered. But that are dreams of the future.

3 years 11 months ago #1133 by samanziv

Hi,
there are several validation s teps to avoid outliers being inserted. In case of UAL33 it took far too long as KEWR-]KIAH is valid from the begin of this month (it was half-automatically inserted yesterday).

In case of UAL2429 I don't see where KEWR-KDEN-KLAS, KEWRKDEN-KDEN or KLAS-KEWR - KDEN should come from[ I compared different data sources showing KEWR - KDEN only. You don't need to enter it 9 times. Try to enter correct routes only.
But feel free to point out if some routes are outdated and cannot be changed. All these automatic procedures are still under development.

Your contributions are most valuable in regions where OpenSky Network does not over the complete path between origin and destination airport.

Thank you luebbe for the feedback
i should have wrote ZSFZ ZSPD the aircraft label
was showing for the CES587 when it was in New York radar area.

3 years 11 months ago #1134 by aircraftenthusiast2000
Regarding the CES587, it is now showing the correct route ZSPD KJFK in both database and aircraft label.