Only "Extended squitter" messages recieved

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1284 by flygpagen
Hello!

Since the 13th of September the amount of data submitted from my reciever has sunk drastically, and only Extended squitter messages are now reported to be submitted to OpenSky. I have not made any active changes to my reciever and because of this I´m not sure "what to fix". Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

/flygpagen

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #1285 by flygpagen
Graph from the 11th of September and onwards.

Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1286 by jluebbe
I experience something similar when generating my flight statistics. After 11th of September the number of detected flights (distinct callsigns) world wide decreased significantly. But it seams a regional phaenomenom. In which country is your receiver located?

You may take a look on my map an select some countries to compare:

jaluebbe.github.io/FlightMapEuropeSimple/statistics.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: flygpagen

3 years 7 months ago #1287 by flygpagen
That is interesting. My feeder is in Sweden, near ESMK. It seems that it is maybe a problem related to OpenSky, I have no decrease in traffic reported to for example FR24 or FA, see attached image.

Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #1289 by cs.dk
I've noticed the same behaviour on my feeders. I agree, it's a opensky problem, not the feeder it self.

3 years 6 months ago #1290 by neroon79
Have you read this one?

opensky-network.org/forum/bug-reports/54...dicator-wrong-values

I guess all the issues in statisticsa are caused by the consequences of the information that was stated by strohmeier.

The Station statsitics are no longer showing what you are receiving but their are showing what is comunicated from your station with the server. From my point of view that's not what why I once started feeing opensky network. Opensky stated on page sharing is caring. As I at that point do not have any aditional benefit by feeding opensky (stratistics page got worthless) I'm asking myself, where is the caring. So I'm finally considerung pulling the plug, which would reduce the load on my sensor additionally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strohmeier, flygpagen

3 years 5 months ago #1344 by strohmeier
Hi all, we are periodically reviewing everything and things are always in flux...but we've reactivated your receivers for Mode S collection. Other users requiring this can contact me directly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flygpagen