Historical data vs Flightaware and FlightRadar24

5 years 5 months ago #600 by FilTeixeira
I've been playing around with flight data as I'm searching for specific flights and their origin-destination routes for specific dates.
However I've been finding some strange observations I can't really explain.

Lets take the example of flight AA10 (callsign AAL10) for the 30th of November 2018.

Your data starts showing flight info from 06:20:01. I could confirm that it's LA airport which matches the other sources. Arrival time is 10:47:22.
Things get even stranger here opensky-network.org/aircraft-profile?icao24=a009a4. As for the 30th of November the departure and arrival times for this flight are completely different.
However the departure and arrival lat/lon make sense and match the other data mentioned below.

However, if I look at flight Flightaware the data shows something completely different flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL10/histor...Z/KLAX/KJFK/tracklog. Flightradar24 matches their data as well www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/aa10#1eba4e61.

Is there a way to interpret this and what could be causing these differences?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #603 by demouser
On a quick glance I could not note much of a disparity? It's the same flight, with the same airports. As expected from having somewhat less ground coverage in both areas, the ADS-B reception started some minutes later and we lost the signal some minutes earlier, too. That's why the flight is just 4:27 instead of 4:49.

Did I miss something? OpenSky's data is all in UTC btw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.