Opensky feeder can't find its config

5 years 1 month ago #723 by Kaapeli
I just finished setting up my receiver for FlightAware and then became aware of OpenSky network. So I thought to give a try and send my data here as well.

But I ran some issues with running the feeder client. I installed it on my laptop (amd64) from the repository, configured it and tried to run it. But the service gives error message when I try to run it:

[EMERG] [POS] Latitude is not configured

The strange thing is that if I run the configuration again, it see the values I gave to it just right. I can also verify the config file is written in /var/lib/openskyd/conf.d/10-debconf.conf file. I also can verify with strace that the openskyd-dump1090 daemon is trying to read the file listing in that directory, but it does not open any files there. Thus, it fails to get its config. I wish I had the source codes for the daemon so I could see my self what it is trying to do and why it fails, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

So I am asking here if someone has ran into anything similar?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #1231 by sagu
same here... (amd64 debian bullseye/sid)

no idea how to get this to work without the sources. it's a shame the feeder isn't open source, so no one can check if it is trustworthy.

sorry for my bad english ;)

3 years 7 months ago #1280 by crtst
I have had exactlly the same problem: the distribution is missing the "opensky" folder.
You need to make an update. It took me a while to figure out how, but here I did a list with all steps:

Update SD card to access the config.txt and serial.txt opensky-network.org/forum/receiver-setup...ent-is-outdated#1278