Python Classes

2 months 2 weeks ago #2747 by Herson
Python Classes was created by Herson
I sometimes get the following error when running a Python query using the OpenSky Python classes.

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/trino/client.py", line 565, in _process_error
    raise exceptions.TrinoExternalError(error, query_id)
trino.exceptions.TrinoExternalError: TrinoExternalError(type=EXTERNAL, name=HIVE_UNKNOWN_ERROR, message="Unable to execute HTTP request: Timeout waiting for connection from pool", query_id=20240621_064019_27191_jtdt5)

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rherson1/pythoncode/Opensky_history_trino_today.py", line 321, in <module>
    vReturnedDataSet= trino.raw_sql(SQLcmd1)  # returns aircraft movements in PANDAS structure

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyopensky/trino.py", line 653, in raw_sql
    res = self.query(stmt, cached=cached, compress=compress)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyopensky/trino.py", line 172, in query
    res = pd.concat(self.process_result(connect.execute(query)))
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The SQL query I run usually works fine but then for some reason goes through a period of failing.  FYI:  The query returns around 15k lines from the history table.

Thanks.

Richard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #2748 by strohmeier
Replied by strohmeier on topic Python Classes
It's a timeout, happens with intense usage.

2 months 2 weeks ago #2750 by Herson
Replied by Herson on topic Python Classes
Thanks.

I appreciate there are a number of BAU background processes that are run throughout the data and night but are there any specific times we should avoid to prevent overloading the platform?