Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

REST - <head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head>

3 months 2 days ago #2763 by Herson
I'm attempting to call the following example API from my Linux server (77.68.94.76)curl -s "opensky-network.org/api/states/all?icao24=3c6444&icao24=3e1bf9"

In response I'm now getting the following return message:

<html>
<head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>403 Forbidden</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx/1.17.6</center>
</body>
</html>

However, if I run the same curl command from my PC it works fine.

Has my server's IP address recently been restricted on your host side?

Thanks.

Richard.
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #2765 by artsays
Add to your code something like, helps for me
[Edit because of abuse potential]
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #2766 by strohmeier
Everyone who is putting too much load on the project will be constrained and/or blocked. If you're blocked, you'll know that it is too much. If you're circumvent it, you will be blocked again. Scraping the website or live API is not allowed.

Don't ruin this for people. If there are more restrictions, it's on you.
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #2767 by Herson
Thanks for your feedback. I've now stopped using it i.e.

curl -s "https://user:password@opensky-network.org/api/flights/arrival?airport=EGKB&begin=1719792003&end=1720396797"

I used to call the API for major UK airports, once of arrivals and again for departures, a total of 26 times. The API was wrapped within a legacy Python program in the days of Impala. I've subsequently rewritten it.

The UK airport communities (Biggin Hill, Southampton, Farnborough, Gatwick, Stanstead etc ) are attempting to collate airport usage with the increase in noise disturbance i.e. have flight patterns changed with the increase in the use of vectoring? This type of information is used by the local and district planning committees.

Thanks.

Richard.
2 months 3 weeks ago #2768 by strohmeier
You have Trino access - you can do it directly in bulk instead of querying it all the time via the API. I'm sure the planning committees will be fine with that.
2 months 3 weeks ago #2769 by Herson
Yes, that's exactly what I've now done and it works well i.e.

vReturnedDataSet= trino.flightlist( start=pSnapshotEpochFrom, stop=pSnapshotEpochTo,
arrival_airport=pMonitoredAirports )

This is a really great project and asset. Many lay people in the UK are very grateful and benefit from the raw data the Network provides.