Bulk Track by Aircraft?

5 years 5 months ago #595 by robhawkes
Hello,

I'm trying to create a map of arrivals and departures from a given airport across a single day. I'm attempting to do this purely using the REST API so I don't need to download a huge amount of raw states and process it myself. I'm able to get a list of all departures and arrivals from a given airport using /flights/arrival and from what I can tell the simplest method of getting clean tracks of aircraft positions is to use the /tracks/all endpoint.

The problem I have is that there are a lot of arrivals and departures at some airports (eg. 1,200 at London Heathrow in one day) and the /tracks/all endpoint only takes one aircraft per request.

Is there a way to request the tracks for multiple aircraft in one request? Or is my only option to send a single request per (all 1,200) aircraft? If the latter, is there a limit on how many requests I can make to /tracks/all?

As an aside, is there a simpler method for getting the states / traces for all aircraft that arrived / departed from a given airport on a given day?

Robin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #596 by robhawkes
Replied by robhawkes on topic Bulk Track by Aircraft?
If it helps, this is what I'm trying to do. I created the following using the raw states, which required a lot of fiddling and processing. It'd be amazing if there was a way to get the same data using an easier / quicker method.

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

5 years 4 months ago #597 by schaefer
Replied by schaefer on topic Bulk Track by Aircraft?
Hey Rob,

nice visualisations! We're happy to provide you some batches of state vectors or tracks. See twitter PM.

Cheers