alert on aircraft type - first seen this day

5 years 2 months ago #678 by haberlerm
I'd love to get alerts for "first-seen-today" events of a given aircraft type (say: Balloon) within a region (say Alps)

is this possible?
if yes - what do I need to do?

best regards

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #679 by strohmeier
Hi Michael,

I don't think this is on our to do list. But we offer all the things for you to make your own application for that: Our API opensky-network.org/apidoc/ and our aircraft database: opensky-network.org/aircraft-database

It would take some time as in the beginning all aircraft would be new, and if you want it potentially for every region and aircraft type rather than just one/some, it would also require some resources. But it's possible at least.

5 years 2 months ago #682 by jluebbe
Checking for a region is also not too difficult. In the simple case, you check if the aircraft is in between a bounding box. Look into the example in the API documentation where all flights around Switzerland are shown. If you want it more precise you could use shapefiles of your target region and check if any aircraft is inside that polygon. Finally you need a database which provides information on aircraft type.