Aircraft type in state vector response

4 years 7 months ago #911 by xtassin
Hi,

Would it be possible (and a good idea) to add aircraft typecode to State Vectors in GET /states/all response?

If not, what would be the best option to retrieve all types in the lightest manner. Importing and keeping the aircraftDatabase.csv as reference seems to be a bit overkill.

I see the OSN map calls /api/metadata/aircraft/icao/ when clicking a specific aircraft . Can this be publicly used and is it possible to batch calls for several aircraft?

Many thanks,

Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #912 by strohmeier
Undocumented things can be used but are obviously not supported and could break at any time. :) I don't think there's anything besides those two option currently.

4 years 7 months ago #913 by xtassin
Thank you for the feedback. I eventually downloaded the aircraftDatabase.csv, cleaned it and kept only the data I needed to make it a smallish 5KB file. I use this as a mapping between ICAO ids and aircraft types. The question now is, how often is this data changing, knowing that I do not need an absolutely perfect solution and can live with a slightly out of date database.

4 years 4 months ago #979 by weiro
Hi Xavier,
Would you mind sharing the smaller file (ICAO24->aircraft-type) you created with the community? For me, this would be a great help.
Best regards
Robin
The following user(s) said Thank You: mawg, JAJOFFRE1