web request not using lat/lon min max

4 years 5 months ago #965 by AVIARLabs
Hello and thanks for any help in understanding this strange behavior.

I am developing an app using Unity, making OpenSky queries via the REST API. I am receiving different data when I am on OSX vs iOS. When I made a web request from the desktop (OSX) version using correct Lat/Lon min/max the data is returned as expected with only a few state vectors. However, when I make the identical request from an iOS device, somehow the min/max are ignored and I am returned the entire active State vector list, often between 5k-7k records. I am at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this, as I have confirmed that the URL is something like the following going out on both platforms.

https://UserName:PWord@opensky-network.org/api/states/all?lamin=32.021&lomin=-127.979&lamax=43.221&lomax=-116.779

Does anyone have an idea why all states are being returned and the min/max are being ignored on iOS?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #966 by strohmeier
Can't reproduce that, the URL gives me around 100+ states at the moment on my iPhone and macOS, both on Firefox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AVIARLabs

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #967 by AVIARLabs
Yes that’s for me as well. I wonder if I can ask the server admin what they are seeing on the server side. Perhaps the request is being truncated when it’s coming from within the Unity app and not from a standard browser.??

4 years 5 months ago #968 by AVIARLabs
[SOLVED] - Problem solved by upgrading internal components and plugins of Unity. All is working good now, and was never an API issue.