Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New undocumented endpoints?

New undocumented endpoints? 7 months 4 weeks ago #1039

Hello,

I noticed that opensky-network.org/network/explorer currently sends calls to useful undocumented endpoints:
api/routes?callsign={callsign}
that returns ICAO of departure and arrival airports, updateTime, operatorIata and flightNumber
api/metadata/aircraft/icao/{icao24}
that returns info about the aircraft
api/airports/?icao={ICAO}
that returns info and coordinates of the airport

Is Access-Control-Allow-Origin intentionally restricted for these new endpoints?
I tried to use them in a javascript to get live aircraft updates and calculate route and distances from departure and to arrival airports but requests have been blocked by CORS policy.

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New undocumented endpoints? 7 months 3 weeks ago #1043

• jluebbe
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi, I did something similar in JavaScript for the front end and Python in the backend:

github.com/jaluebbe/FlightMapEuropeSimple

I downloaded the airport locations from ourairports.com which is public domain data.

For calculating distances on a website and to perform other spatial operations, turf.js is great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maxpierini

New undocumented endpoints? 7 months 2 weeks ago #1044

Wow cool, great repository. I'll take a closer look at your solutions.

New undocumented endpoints? 7 months 6 days ago #1065

First of all, thanks to the contributors of the OpenSky Network for all the work you are doing here.

I would also be interested in using the new endpoints. Wouldn't it be possible to provide them with CORS? You could mark the new endpoints with a corresponding label in the docs (e.g. under development or similar). I also noticed that the track endpoint 'api/tracks' no longer returns a valid response. It would be nice to have a corresponding remark in the Docs.

The data from these new endpoints would be very helpful to further expand my GitHub project react-flight-tracker.

Thanks a lot!

New undocumented endpoints? 7 months 6 days ago #1066

• jluebbe
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi,
take a look at atmdata.github.io/sources/ where you find developer APIs of airlines and airports. Depending on their terms and conditions, redistribution of data may not be allowed without permission. Another interesting source of flight connections may be flight schedules of airlines in xls or csv format. They could sometimes be found on their cargo webpage. Here, it may not be permitted to download such data automatically.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xSNOWM4Nx

New undocumented endpoints? 2 months 3 weeks ago #1225

• PCate
Is Access-Control-Allow-Origin intentionally restricted for these new endpoints?
I tried to use them in a javascript to get live aircraft updates and calculate route and distances from departure and to arrival airports but requests have been blocked by CORS policy.

I've hit this issue as well. Any plans to open up the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' CORS header for these endpoints?

New undocumented endpoints? 1 week 3 days ago #1296

Hi,

I have a feeling that i'm missing something basic here - is there a free accessible DB of flight routes (by ICAO24) ? or some other way to find out publicly - known flight routes by ICAO24 number?

The various amazing paid methods are not an option for me at this stage.

thank you.