Data access for project

5 months 2 weeks ago #2641 by NonStopNick
Hi,
I am currently looking for data for a reactive system student project (HTWG Konstanz). We got assigned airplane / airport data as our topic. But one of the requirements is to constantly update the used data at least once every few seconds. As anyone knows, there is no free API which would support such many requests. Therefore our idea: get the data from somewhere and simulate / replay it.
Which leads me to my question: Is it possible to download a section of the data, , from somewhere? We will then find out for ourselves how to play it back.

Thanks in advance!
Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #2642 by strohmeier

5 months 6 days ago #2650 by jw87
Replied by jw87 on topic Data access for project
Can I ask potentially a silly question, what is the difference between these two files as found in the datasets url?

"" vs. ""

Thanks

5 months 6 days ago #2651 by strohmeier
Replied by strohmeier on topic Data access for project
You probably can't post links (too much spam), so try to describe it otherwise.

5 months 6 days ago #2652 by jw87
Ah sorry, I don't think I even posted links, just file names.
Basically, in the datasets dir, there a a number of csv files, some called [name]-2023-[##].csv, and others are [name]-complete-2023-[##].csv, so I was wondering what the difference between the two is.

Thanks

4 months 2 weeks ago #2660 by adills
Replied by adills on topic Data access for project
Did you get your data? I'm looking for something similar. Since the API REST seems to be down for some time, I'd like to use one of the example avro files. Are you able to parse it within python? Thank you. --AND

4 months 1 week ago #2662 by jw87
I did not find the difference between the two, and so far I have not spent time to examine them, although the data is formatted in a easy standard fashion