geo_altitude instead of baro_altitude in REST GET /tracks

2 years 7 months ago #1601 by geoidee
Hi OpenSky-Network

The REST-service Track by Aircraft (GET /tracks) returns the baro_altitude as vertical information. In my case, I have to use the geo_altitude instead.

Is there a way, to retrieve an entire track of an airplane with geo_altitude? The approach of "GET /tracks" would be just perfect otherwise.

Any ideas or hints?

Best regards,
Yvo 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #1602 by strohmeier
That endpoint hasn't worked in a while anyway, as is documented in the API these days: openskynetwork.github.io/opensky-api/res...ml#track-by-aircraft

2 years 7 months ago #1603 by geoidee
Hi strohmeierThank you very much for your replay. Mh, as far as I understand the documentation (and as alternative the Python-API), it isn't currently possible to retrieve tracks of individual airplanes, isn’t it?The only way would be, to get all flights within a bounding-box at a specific time and then having a loop over all state-vectors of each flight.Yesterday, I wasn’t realising that the track-endpoint isn’t working. But I was able to get all flight-tracks arriving and departing from LSZH on Sunday August 28, 2021. Funny, or is the endpoint working again?Below the map of the data retrieved from the track-endpoint on August 30 2021:

2 years 7 months ago #1604 by strohmeier
No, it's just that /tracks is (was) live which is an entirely different problem compared to /flights which are calculated after they are finished. You can get /flights for previous days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asxadsx

2 years 7 months ago #1605 by geoidee
Great. Thank you very much for the quick update.

But unfortunately, it is not solving my problem with baro_altitude vs. geo_altitude. Plotting the data in 3D, the planes are much to low (compared to the geo-altitude of the same flights retrieved from Flightradar24 as cross-check).