Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Individual flight trajectories from start to finish

1 month 1 week ago #2811 by Phillip
With flightradar24, I can download a csv file for any flight that occurred in the past without having to know when the aircraft took off or landed. I can look for flights that occurred yesterday and download the respective files. Maybe this feature is already available, but I'm having difficulty finding the right way to duplicate this feature. I'm currently getting states and using the icao24 code to then get the tracks, but I'm having issues filtering and differentiating between completed and ongoing flights.
1 month 1 week ago #2812 by strohmeier
Our opensky-network.org/data/historical-flight-data offers access to every single message of any flight received. Contrary to Flightradar, with our limited non-profit resources, We focus on PhD researchers though, who need bulk data in efficeient formats on interfaces. CSVs of single flights make no sense in this context.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phillip
1 month 1 week ago #2813 by Phillip
Thanks for your quick reply and the information you provided. As a PhD researcher, I've developed a post-processing algorythm to augment, correct, and determine flight phases for any (and therefore all) flights from offblock to onblock. Missing data concerning certain phases is augmented in accordance with the ICAO's "sophisticated" method. Using the phases and the applicable fuel consumption tables (provided by Airbus, Boeing, and Lufthansa), I generate how much fuel is consumed per second for any flight. With this info, I follow the standard methods to determine emissions. Getting my hands on individual flight trajectories would be helpful, but I can create a workaround. Thanks again for the information and the support, and have a great weekend. VG, Phillip
1 month 1 week ago #2814 by strohmeier
You can apply here and get access to every single data point we have: opensky-network.org/data/apply
What you do with that is your problem. :)