API Endpoint Data vs. Explorer Data

7 months 3 weeks ago #2558 by 0ll0wain
Greetings,
I've come to grasp that the estimated arrival airport information is computed once a day, typically during the night. Until that update, a significant number of flights lack any estimated arrival airport details, and even if they do, the accuracy leaves much to be desired.
However, when I look into the explorer, I notice that the data appears accurate and reliable. I wonder why this data is not accessible through an API endpoint. I fail to comprehend why the API cannot provide this readily available and evidently more dependable data.
I would be very grateful for any insights or explanations regarding this matter.
Warm regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago #2559 by strohmeier
Some are ADS-B based, some are external API endpoints which may be available for live or scientific consumption but not readily available beyond that. Not much more to say beyond this, the FAQ and the linked publication. opensky-network.org/about/faq#q14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.