Euroscope, a display interface

4 years 8 months ago #862 by MatisseBE
Hi all

For a very long time I've been trying to find a way to display real life traffic to a program called Euroscope.
The first issue I had to overcome was the ability to access the data, which this site luckily provides. Now, I need to find a way to feed that data to the radar display, in my case Euroscope.

For those of you not familiar with Euroscope (www.euroscope.hu/wp/), Euroscope is a free tool used by virtual Air traffic controller to control on an airtraffic simulation network called VATSIM. Members all over VATSIM have made radardisplays for Euroscope for a long time. Here are mine, from EBBU FIR.

The best thing about Euroscope must be that it is fully customizable.

I, an incompetent AVGEEK, see 3 possibilities to feed such data.

1) Connect to a server, either directly or via a proxy connection to any IP

2) Through a simulation/scenario server.
Originally, it's been made to allow users to spawn, offline, aircraft and "control" them,freely, as usual. Such scenario file would look something like this:

It includes information such as callsign, squawk, ATYPE, spawn location,route, start time,....

3) Playback feature
During any online session of the virtual ATCO, a log file is made. So, all saved sessions can be played back. The format for these log files is different than the simulator/scenario files from "2)".

Attached is a full playback file if you'd like to take a look.

Does anyone have experience with Euroscope and live traffic? Is there someone that would like to take a look at Euroscope's possibilities?

Kind regards

Matisse

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #869 by strohmeier
Looks interesting! Hope you find someone familiar with Euroscope (I'm not). Maybe it's better if you try their forum? Our API is open and well-described, maybe someone there can find a way to use it.

4 years 8 months ago #870 by MatisseBE
Hi!

I'll look into that option, thanks!

Do you personally see any chance of it working? Maybe you've seen something similar before.

Many thanks

Matisse

4 years 8 months ago #872 by strohmeier
In principle, there's nothing standing against it. Can't say how much effort it is, though. LiveTraffic (forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49749-livetraffic/) uses ADS-B data to populate X-Plane, Lorby (www.avsim.com/forums/topic/533141-lorby-...raffic-105-released/) also does something in that direction for AVSIMs.

4 years 8 months ago #873 by MatisseBE
I'll check that out too! Thanks!