Callsigns beginning with Zero

4 years 1 week ago #1096 by aircraftenthusiast2000
I have been updating flight routes as i see them, but flight callsigns beginning with zero will not update.
TAY010 EBLG KJFK, KAL081 RKSI KJFK are examples. Does anybody know of a way to add flight routes with callsigns beginning with zero?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 6 days ago #1097 by jluebbe
Hi,
the leading zeros are internally removed to avoid duplicates like BAW001 or BAW1. However, the front-end is not able yet to display this data. See opensky-network.org/api/routes?callsign=TAY10

4 years 6 days ago #1098 by aircraftenthusiast2000
Hi jluebbe,
All callsigns i have seen beginning with zero are not showing route details. I did try both AFR6 & AFR0006 for the callsign AFR006 but no joy.
Is there a way to get route details added with callsigns beginning with Zero?

4 years 6 days ago #1099 by jluebbe
AFR6 is included in the database as LFPG-KJFK. But it will not be displayed if the aircraft transmits any leading zeros.

The filter procedure for user entered flight routes is a regular expression:
^([A-Z]{3})[1-9](([0-9]{0,3})|([0-9]{0,2})([A-Z])|([0-9]?)([A-Z]{2}))$

That means:
- The callsign has to start with 3 letters, not numbers.
- These letters have to be followed by a digit which is not 0.
- Finally three different endings are allowed:
- 3 more digits
- up to 2 digits and one letter at the end
- up to 1 digit and two letters at the end

4 years 6 days ago #1100 by aircraftenthusiast2000
Hi jluebbe,
Thanks for getting back. Some airline callsigns always start with zero so those routes will never display.
Air France, Korean Air, Eva Air, ELAL are just some of the operators that operate to the US that callsigns start with zero

4 years 6 days ago #1101 by jluebbe
There might be a solution within the next weeks. But that requires restructuring the database. Currently there is another limitation as well. Flights with multiple route segments using the same callsign are not correctly displayed, e.g. AAL1852 KCLT-TJSJ-KCLT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strohmeier

4 years 6 days ago #1102 by aircraftenthusiast2000
Those multiple route segments, lets say you have in database ABC123 KBOS-KJFK-KPHL.
On the label it will show the first 2 destinations KBOS-KJFK,. But when it departs KJFK and is showing KBOS-KJFK i would click on
Report wrong route and there i would see the full route KBOS-KJFK-KPHL..That works fine for me.