Sharing exsisting feed

3 years 4 months ago #1348 by hornjt
I currently have Piaware setup and was wondering if I can share that feed with OpenSky like I do with FlightAware and ADSBExchange? If not I may need to wait before I can contribute data.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1349 by strohmeier
Replied by strohmeier on topic Sharing exsisting feed
Hi, yes, you can absolutely use that Pi! Did you have a look at opensky-network.org/contribute/get-a-receiver and opensky-network.org/community/projects/30-dump1090-feeder ?

There is also a Docker option described here: github.com/mikenye/docker-opensky-network

This video could also be instructional vicpimakers.ca/sat-june-27-2020-adsb-multiple-feeds/

3 years 4 months ago #1350 by hornjt
Replied by hornjt on topic Sharing exsisting feed
Thank you for the help.
I have two raspberry Pi's running PiAware that are probably about 25ft apart.
Site 91454:
placed by a glass door that faces southwest
HornVPN.ddns.net:30005
Router port forwards port 30005 to 192.168.254.3:30005

Site:91455:
placed in a window, faces northeast
HornVPN.dds.net.30006
Router port forwards port 30006 to 192.168.254.11:30005

Just wanted to make sure I have setup correctly. When looking at the dashboard, I have seen planes on one that I am not seeing on the other so I believe they are functioning correctly, but did not know if they "shared" information on showing the planes.

3 years 4 months ago #1351 by hornjt
Ok, I've messed something up because now I am getting:
Dec 3 11:09:33 PiAware2 openskyd-dump1090[486]: [WARN] [INPUT] Could not connect: Connection refused (111)
Dec 3 11:09:33 PiAware2 openskyd-dump1090[486]: [WARN] [INPUT] Tried all addresses of 'localhost': could not connect

Local host should still look at port 30005, or is there something I need to change in the configuration?

3 years 4 months ago #1352 by hornjt
Given my configuration (one router, two PiAware's, one Router External IP address, using NoIP.com), any ideas on how to setup either my profile, NoIP.com, or ports on the two RaspberryPi's to feed the data?

3 years 4 months ago #1354 by elTrauko