Documented AirProx events confirmed by OpenSky Network.

2 years 10 months ago #1511 by Peter97
Hi I have been looking through some airprox incidents that have happened in the past in Switzerland thanks to the STSB fantastic website
And when I read about an airprox incident, I did a query on the historical database to look if the network has logged it. 

I have not been able to find any Air-Safety Agency-documented incident of this kind in OpenSky.

Has anyone been able to find one before my attempt? If so, is there any public log for this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #1520 by strohmeier
People and authorities have been using ADS-B data (also from OpenSky) for plenty of accident investigations, though I don't have a specific public write up handy. From the list above, have you been looking at the (few) IFR events? VFR might not be visible for many reasons (no transponder, no reception etc.)

2 years 10 months ago #1522 by Peter97

People and authorities have been using ADS-B data (also from OpenSky) for plenty of accident investigations, though I don't have a specific public write up handy. From the list above, have you been looking at the (few) IFR events? VFR might not be visible for many reasons (no transponder, no reception etc.)

Hi, yes! What I did was to filter the search by selecting IFR on "Flight rules" and then selected "serious incident" and "airprox" on the type of ocurrance. Although Switzerland is *really* well covered I did not hope for VFR incidents to be logged.

Thanks anyways Stromeier.