Reconstruct a flight for a digital twin approach

2 years 7 months ago #1594 by philipp-conen
Dear members,

actually, I am writing my thesis for a digital twin of an aircraft wing. Unfortunately, there is no real- or model-aircraft available yet, to create flight data. Regarding this, I am looking for some data to reconstruct a real flight, e.g. the take-off or landing process. Necessary for me are angel of attack and velocity over time.

First question would be if there is information available for the angel of attack. If not would it make sense in your eyes to calculate it via "arcsin(vertrate/velocity)"?

The second question is, if the time scaling would be fine enough to reconstruct the flight. I would think about 1s to 10s.

Last, what about peripheral data like density and temperature of air?

I appreciate hearing from you

Philipp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #1599 by strohmeier
I'm no aerospace engineer, maybe someone else knows more about the angle of attack. The time resolution of the data we have is certainly enough (when there are sensors nearby).
You can deduct some other data from ground speed, air speed and barometric/geometric data, see e.g. www.lenders.ch/publications/conferences/IPSN18_3.pdf or Junzi's work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: philipp-conen

2 years 7 months ago #1600 by philipp-conen
Thanks for your time and information on this topic! Sounds really helpful for my case.

I would be really interested if someone has a hind for me regarding the angel of attack.

Greetings

Philipp

1 year 4 months ago #2208 by Samantha
Digital twin development is a very interesting topic. I wish you success in writing your dissertation!
www.visartech.com/blog/digital-twin-solution-development-guide/