Site Availability Stats

1 year 2 months ago #2318 by jonfear
Hi, new contributor here.

I have noticed big chunks of each day saying no availability on all three of my sites,   and .

A bit concerned about this, I have checked the watchdogs on all 3 sites and dump1090 has been up the whole time and feeding data. Next I checked my internet connections, again monitored and no outages.
I wrote a simple script yesterday to check against the opensky primary server. Again no outages.

So I am at a loss! Can any one from the main team take a look at the back end systems and advise please (I cannot get anything out of the collecting server to check for connectivity!). 
Many thanks
Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #2322 by strohmeier
Replied by strohmeier on topic Site Availability Stats
Hi Jon,

First thanks for feeding! I checked your receivers and they all look great. The answer to your question is likely in our FAQ: opensky-network.org/about/faq#q11

So if it's offline at night, there's likely a short period when no aircraft are in range. I admit it's a quirky design decision but we never got around to fixing that as it wasn't too high a prioirity. Sometimes the stats can also be shown wrongly for a bit but a nightly job runs through and fixes that.

1 year 2 months ago #2323 by jonfear
Replied by jonfear on topic Site Availability Stats
OK thank you. I have checked my other stats and it does look like just after midnight I have dropped to zero aircraft for a brief period. Not really surprising given it is the end of January. Things start picking up from Mid February so heres to more fun.

I see the the availability stats have now been updated to nearly 100%. Excellent.

1 year 2 months ago #2326 by JohnBaggett
Replied by JohnBaggett on topic Site Availability Stats
Good info! Thanks!

1 year 2 months ago #2330 by xpcyl8
Replied by xpcyl8 on topic Site Availability Stats
Hi I am new here too and only started feeding for a few days and am seeing the same. I'll give it a few more days and see if it smoothes out. Its currently showing that it's offline for the last 8 hours or so but definitely it's day time here and we have plenty of crafts in my area with multiple airports. I've verified my process has been running non stop too for a few days. The log says 100% online so far. Let see if clears up.