Serial number override for dump1090 feeder app

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #242 by ProcyonTravel
Hi! I have upgraded my feeder hardware from Raspberry Pi 2 to Pi 3, and re-installed opensky as described here:

opensky-network.org/community/projects/30-dump1090-feeder

During the set up it asked for my Username, and then added a new serial number automatically, without asking for an old one. :dry: Now I can see two serial numbers in my account.

How can I do a serial number override back to my old serial number?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #243 by schaefer
Hi :-)

the feeder gets assigned a new serial number every time it is re-installed. However, you can override the new serial in order to re-use an existing one. The serial is stored in the file
/var/lib/openskyd/conf.d/10-serial.conf
In order to change to your old serial, just change the respective line to the following value:
  • If your old serial number was negative:
    VALUE = OLD_SERIAL + 4294967296
  • If your old serial number was positive:
    VALUE = OLD_SERIAL

So if your old serial number was -1408241234, just change the line to "serial=2886726062". If it was 1234, change it to "serial=1234".

If it worked, just delete the unused serial from your profile (delete button in the top right corner of your profile).

Matthias

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #297 by engel
From version 2.1.4-2 (released 13th Nov) on, you can just configure it like anything else:
When installing the feeder or by running
dpkg-reconfigure opensky-feeder
you'll get a debconf interface to enter/edit your serial.

Also, there is no calculation for negative serial number required, you could just enter "-1408241234".

Markus